Friday, 7 July 2017

yoga, and doing things on impulse pt2

Another interesting thing was the anonymity of the place.
I'm bad with names, but even so, people just used each other's first names, nobody really told their occupation etc, since it wasn't relevant for the occasion.

So the discussions felt like back in the internet era I grew up in, people just spoke with each other, so my version of smalltalk worked.
I'm aware that my definitions of small & deep talk is 'weird', but nonetheless, it worked to just speak out whatever what was on my mind.

But after a few days of doing that, one could start figuring out their jobs etc, based on their perspective in different things I talked about.

It's kinda sad, but.. at least old people seem to appreciate talking with me, I wish more people in my own age would do it.. But, better than nothing.

Was these weird things we had to do, like me + some random person, and we had to tell the other one about small things we appreciate in our life.

My pair told me like "I've never spoken about these things with another man" (he was like 50-60 years old)

So I asked him like, "As you're about twice my age, at what point did you start appreciating the small things in life?"

This opened the floodgates, was rather amusing, how one well formulated and guiding question did that.

On the next day, it was a similar one, except this time, we had to tell about different lies we've told during our lives.

For my part it quickly went into an 'thinking out loud' how most of the lies we tell, are self-deceit.

Overall the yoga retreat was an interesting experience, I know that I wrote earlier, that I most likely wouldn't attend one in a while again.. I changed my mind on this, I could do it, if it was a different themed one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

a decade of shit

The most surprising part about 2010-2020 is that I'm still alive, for years I didn't think I would live to see the next year, sadly,...